The world’s 9 largest seas
Largest seas by area
- Philippine Sea – 5.695 million km. …
- Coral Sea – 4.791 million km. …
- American Mediterranean Sea – 4.200 million km. …
- Arabian Sea – 3.862 million km. …
- Sargasso Sea – 3.5 million km. …
- South China Sea – 3.5 million km. …
- Weddell Sea – 2.8 million km. …
- Caribbean Sea – 2.754 million km.
- Pacific Ocean.
- Atlantic Ocean.
- Indian Ocean.
- Southern Ocean.
- Arctic Ocean.
- Coral Sea.
- Arabian Sea.
- South China Sea.
- Mediterranean Sea
- Caribbean Sea
Historically, there are four named oceans: the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic. However, most countries – including the United States – now recognize the Southern (Antarctic) as the fifth ocean.
The Black Sea is the world’s largest body of water with a meromictic basin. The deep waters do not mix with the upper layers of water that receive oxygen from the atmosphere.
What are the 7 seas and 5 ocean?
Which is bigger sea or ocean?
Seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land and ocean meet. Typically, seas are partially enclosed by land.
Which is the 3 biggest ocean in the world?
The Indian Ocean
The Indian Ocean is the third largest of the world’s oceanic divisions, covering 70,560,000 km².
What is the 6 biggest ocean?
The World’s Largest Oceans and Seas
- Pacific Ocean. 181,343,000. 70,017,000.
- Atlantic Ocean. 94,314,000. 36,415,000.
- Indian Ocean. 74,118,000. 28,617,000.
- Arctic Ocean. 12,256,000. 4,732,000.
- Coral Sea. 4,791,000. 1,850,000.
- Arabian Sea. 3,864,000. 1,492,000.
- South China Sea. 3,686,000. 1,423,000.
- Caribbean Sea. 2,753,000. 1,063,000.
What are the 7 seas and 7 continents?
Complete List – 7 Continents and 5 Oceans
- 7 Continents. The 7 continents are given below: Asia. Europe. Africa. North America. South America. Australia. Antarctica.
- 5 Oceans. The 5 Oceans are given below: Pacific Ocean. Atlantic Ocean. Indian Ocean. Arctic Ocean. Antarctic Ocean.
Who traveled the 7 seas?
Sinbad, a character whose legends may have originated in ancient Persia or Arabia, is said to have made seven voyages, and the medieval Arabs named seven seas.
Is beach a sea or ocean?
A beach is a narrow, gently sloping strip of land that lies along the edge of an ocean, lake, or river. Materials such as sand, pebbles, rocks, and seashell fragments cover beaches.
What is the strongest ocean?
The world’s strongest ocean current, the Antarctic Circumpolar Current, is speeding up, according to new research, mostly because of rising ocean temperatures. The ACC carries water around the globe, pushing more water than any other ocean current.
Which is saltiest sea in the world? Dead Sea